www.gettingsnap.org headerReturn to Home Page
Click here -- food stamp calculator
What are food stamps?
Who uses food stamps?
Can I get food stamps?
How do I apply?
What other help is available?
What are my rights?
New food stamp rules
Contact us
Help for Advocates


English :: Español


Do you or does anyone in your household get one of the payments below?

  • EAEDC or TAFDC as a severely disabled adult or child
  • SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
  • Veteran's Disability
  • Disability or blindness payments under Title II, or Retirement, or Survivor Disability Insurance (RSDI)
  • Any other government disability, retirement benefits, or health benefits available to people severely disabled.

    If you answer yes, we will continue the interview assuming that you can prove that someone receives a disability benefit or health benefit, or has been certified by Mass Health as severely disabled. The Department of Transitional Assistance considers anyone who receives these payments to be disabled, and will use easier guidelines in approving food stamps than for fully abled persons.